2013 Dates We Need Help (Adults Only):
- July 27, 2013 – August 3, 2013 – FILLED
- August 4, 2013 – August 10, 2013 – FILLED
- Adult volunteer groups are also sometimes needed the week between Christmas and New Years Eve.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll fly in on Saturday and get settled in. On Sunday morning you’ll attend church with us. Sunday afternoon will be free time for you to see Lake Tahoe. Sunday evening will be orientation time. You’ll fly out the following Saturday.
- A+ Program. The A+ program is like a full day Vacation Bible School. It is held M-F, 7:30-5:30. 80% of the children who attend don’t come from Christian homes. You would be laying the foundation about Jesus Christ and we will follow up with these children during the school year with our semester missionary staff. The classes are broken up into 4 age groups: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st-2nd, and 3rd-6th. We assign two teachers to each agegroup. Children who attend are 4-12 years of age. We try to do fun things like go to the beach, have slip and slides, etc. so the children will be attracted to the church where they hear about Jesus. You would have 40-60 children each day.
- Groups have never complained about not having enough to do here in Tahoe City! Besides the children’s ministries we always have a list of things that need to be done: bulk mailings, cleaning, fixing stuff, etc.
What does First Baptist Church of Tahoe City provide?
- Transportation to and from the Reno, NV airport, local transportation,
- Teaching Materials and on-site orientation. We will have 90% of the details that need to happen each day already planned. The Bible stories, games, crafts, and activities are already planned! If you say, “yes” we will mail the lesson plans and materials to you by the end of March. There wouldn’t be a huge time of preparation needed before you get here. We have the lesson plans already written! Some of the days we are even going to the beach for 2-3 hours with the children.
- Housing. You will be staying at the First Baptist Church of Tahoe City, CA which is the same place where the ministry takes place. The church has a dorm room with 2 sets of bunk beds (4 people total) and another dorm room with 4 sets of bunk beds (8 people). All pillows, linens and towels are provided. There are 8 toilets, 4 showers, a washer and dryer, 7 computers with high-speed internet access, 2 phone lines, TV/DVD/VCR, iron and ironing board, and a complete kitchen (2 refrigerators and two dishwashers!). We have wireless internet so feel free to bring your laptop.
- Some food. (Here’s the food situation. You are welcome to whatever is left in the kitchen pantry when our summer missionaries leave. Typically there is quite a bit of food left. If you’d like, we can give you a list of what’s in the pantry and freezers a couple of days before you arrive.)
What do you provide?
- You would be responsible for the cost of flying to and from Reno, NV.
- You also would be responsible for some food costs.
Let Debbie know that you are interested. Then make a firm commitment to come. Whoever commits to the dates first will get the dates. Saying that you are interested is different from making a commitment. A commitment is an agreement and a pledge that you are coming.
Contact: Debbie Wohler, NAMB Home Missionary
PO Box 7452
Tahoe City, CA 96145
530.583.2925 (home) (Pacific Standard Time)