Join us for our BIG A Summer Program!
There’s so much to enjoy about summer in Tahoe – particularly all of the EXCITING events and activities we have planned here at A+ for Summer 2017!
To make sure your child is enrolled in the correct program, note the following age breakdown:
- Cool Caterpillars (CC) – those students who are 4 or 5 years of age and are going into kindergarten or transitional kindergarten in the fall
- Note: Per the State of California: If your child graduated from preschool in the Spring of 2017 and is headed into TK/K in the Fall of 2017, you have the OPTION to keep your child in the preschool program, or move him/her up into the Cool Caterpillars for the summer only.
- See the Preschool page on our website for more information.
- Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten (TK/K) – those students who have just completed kindergarten or transitional kindergarten
- 1st – those who have completed first grade
- 2nd – those who have completed second grade
- 3rd-6th – those who have completed third through sixth grades
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- From Monday, June 26 through Thursday, August 3, we offer school age child care Monday – Thursday, three sessions each day:
- Session #1: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Session #2: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Session #3: 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Each session costs $10.00, unless otherwise stated on the event calendar.
- We are CLOSED Monday, August 7 – Friday, August 11
- From Monday, August 14 – Wednesday, August 30, we offer school age child care Monday – Friday, two sessions each day:
- Session #1: 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Session #2: 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Each session costs $15.00, unless otherwise stated on the event calendar.
- The last day of our summer program is Wednesday, August 30
- Our A+ Before & After School Program starts back up on Thursday, August 31, which is the first day of school for TTUSD.
We’ve got an AWESOME lineup of fun and crazy events on campus, as well as exciting and new field trips that will take your child all over Tahoe and into the Reno area.
Here is a link to our Summer Calendar: 2017 Big A Summer Calendar
How to sign your child up for our summer school age program:
- First, make sure you have completed a current A+ Registration packet for your child. (There is no longer a separate “Big A” registration form. ) We are a licensed facility and follow all California policies and procedures throughout the entire year. If your child is currently enrolled in the program, you do not need to fill out a new registration packet. However, if any of your personal information has changed, please notify us of these changes immediately. If your child is a new student, you will need to fill out the entire A+ Registration packet. If you decide to wait until the day of to fill out the paperwork, please allow 20 minutes to complete all paperwork. For a copy of the school age registration packet, click: A+ Schoolage Registration Forms or stop by A+ to pick up a paper packet.
- As noted above, we offer a variety of activities for our students every day! During the months of June & July, we offer three sessions.
- Session #1 (7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.) and Session #3 (10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) are both considered drop-in sessions. This means you don’t have to sign your child up in advance! Just drop your child off with us.
- Due to numbers, you are required to SIGN UP IN ADVANCE for Session #2 (10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) via signupgenius.com. You will need to create an account.
- Use the following links to sign your child up for the appropriate program/session:
- June Sign-Up: www.signupgenius.com/tabs/53177DE02AECBECC60-juneschool
- July Sign-Up: www.signupgenius.com/tabs/53177DE02AECBECC60-julyschool
- August Sign-Up: www.signupgenius.com/tabs/53177DE02AECBECC60-august
- Special Week of Kid’s Games: www.signupgenius.com/tabs/53177DE02AECBECC60-kids
- If you are new to using this program and need some extra help, read through our step-by-step guide to using signupgenius.com: A Step by Step Guide to Online Sign-Ups
- Once you create an account and visit each month’s sign-up pages, you’ll see a couple of choices for each date. This is because our school age program is broken up into two main groups:
- Cool Caterpillars/TK/Kinder: This group is for those students who graduated from Friendly Frogs, Transitional Kindergarten, or Kindergarten in June 2017 and have not started first grade.
- 1st – 6th Graders: This group is for those students who have graduated first through sixth grade.
- When you sign your child up for a session, make sure you are signing up for the age-appropriate activity! We encourage you to print out a copy of the Big A Calendar or pick up a copy at A+ so you can more easily find the dates and activities your child wants to participate in. Each activity will list which group it is intended for. Here’s an example of what you’ll see:
- There are two options for 06/26, including a Field Trip to Incline Pool and Bounce Houses. Click on the tab to see which activity is specific to your child’s age. This field trip above is to Incline Pool. It is for those students who have completed 1st through 6th grades. At the very bottom of the event, it tells you how many spots are currently available. When you’re ready to commit, you’ll select the option to “Sign Up.”
- If your child is not eligible for this trip on this day, you’ll need to click on the activity designated for your child’s age group. On this day, the other option is Bounce Houses.
- If a session is full:
- If the session you need is full, please contact Teri Kerr (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be put onto the waitlist. She will need your child’s name, age group, your email, and your phone number so she can contact you if a space opens up.
- Do not be discouraged if a session is full. People change their mind every day so spots open and close continually! Continue to check back to the website for openings.
- In the meantime, if your child’s age group is scheduled for a field trip, but the field trip is full, we welcome you to sign up for the activities that are happening on our facility, regardless of the age group listed. To keep with our example, if your child is a first grader, but the trip to Incline Pool is full, you can sign your child up for “Bounce Houses” with the Cool Caterpillars/Kindergarten if there is space available on that sign-up.
- Please remember that if you sign up online for a session, you will be charged for this session whether or not your child attends, UNLESS you cancel online before the day-of. All sign-ups and cancellations must be done online through your signupgenius.com account. You may call or email a staff member for help in doing this, but we are unable to sign your child up through our login credentials.
- Note: From Monday, August 14 – Wednesday, August 30, we offer school age child care Monday – Friday, TWO sessions each day. You are required to sign up ONLINE for both of these sessions during this time period.
- Session #1: 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Session #2: 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Click the following links to view flyers for special field trip information:
- Carson Valley Swim Center flyer
- Grand Sierra Fun Quest
- Incline Pool
- Long Lake Hike
- Paradise Cove
- Truckee Pool
- Wild Island
Additional Big A Information
Here are some key points to keep in mind as you prepare to send your child to our summer program.
- We are allowed to have a maximum of 60 students participating in our events in the school age summer program each day. The exception to this rule is when First Baptist Church Tahoe City hosts an event, which is not considered part of the Big A program.These events are Carnival Day and a week of Kid’s Games in August.
- Please put your child’s name on items he/she brings to A+, including but not limited to a lunch box, water bottle, sunscreen, and a towel It would be helpful if you brought these items in a backpack. If you have more than one child, please separate lunches, sunscreen, etc, as your children may not be together through the entirety of the activities.
- On all field trips, we follow rules and regulations set by California Highway Patrol and California DMV. All of our drivers have a clean driving record, a background check, and possess any special licenses required by the state of California for transporting passengers. All children are put in safety seats as designated by CHP. Your child may be frequently weighed throughout the summer to ensure your child is placed in the correct safety seat.
- Have additional questions?: Please call the church at 530-583-1534.