Becoming a Summer or Semester Missionary
We are seeking outgoing, energetic, hardworking, and organized summer and semester missionaries. You must love children and be a teachable, team player! We need leaders who possess good character. We have high standards because we believe God deserves our very best!
- A+ Preschool: We offer a year round, educationally focused program that strives to prepare children for Kindergarten and future school success.
- A+ Before & After School: We offer a year round before and after school program.
- A+Summer Camp: We offer a summer enrichment program for school-age children Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Parent’s Night Out: The first Friday evening of each month we give parents a chance to renew their relationships by providing quality childcare.
- My Morning Out: We offer a childcare program Monday mornings from 9:00-noon for children ages birth -5yrs.
- Ministry in the schools: Each Wednesday morning missionaries volunteer in local school classrooms.
- Sunday Worship: You will be an integral part of our church and we ask that you plan to be involved in some aspect of the Sunday morning worship. At times you will be asked to help with Kids Club, nursery, youth, or music.
- Ski Ministry: In the spring semester, we offer the opportunity for you to lead outdoor worship services at one of seven ski areas around Lake Tahoe.
Housing and Food
Missionaries are housed at the First Baptist Church of Tahoe City. There are two dorm rooms with bunk beds, which sleep up to 12 people. There are four showers, ten toilets, commercial kitchen, TV, DVD, WiFi, washer, and dryer. A monthly food stipend is provided for food.
- Missionaries are given the use of two seven passenger Toyota Siennas. Missionaries are charged $ .30/per mile for all personal mileage.
- TART, our local public bus, runs every half hour.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you feel God leading you to find out more about this position please contact Debbie Wohler Reasoner at: 530.583.2925 (PST) or firstname.lastname@example.org