Becoming a Summer or Semester Missionary
We are seeking outgoing, energetic, hardworking, and organized summer and semester missionaries. You must love children and be a teachable, team player! We need leaders who possess good character. We have high standards because we believe God deserves our very best!
- A+ Preschool: We offer a year round, educationally focused program that strives to prepare children for Kindergarten and future school success.
- A+ Before & After School: We offer a year round before and after school program. During the summer months we operate as a before and after Big A Club child care program.
- Big A Club is a summer enrichment program for school-age children Tuesdays through Fridays from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Parent’s Night Out. On the first Friday evening of each month we give parents a chance to renew their relationships by providing quality childcare.
- My Morning Out is a ministry to preschool children held on Tuesday mornings from 9:00-noon.
- Ministry in the schools– On Wednesday mornings, students volunteer in a local school classroom.
- You will be an integral part of our church and we ask that you plan to be involved in some aspect of the Sunday morning worship. At times you will be asked to help with Sunday School, nursery, youth, or music.
- Ski Ministry. In the spring semester, we offer the opportunity for you to lead outdoor worship services at one of seven ski areas around Lake Tahoe.
Housing And Food
The missionaries will be housed at the First Baptist Church of Tahoe City. There are two dorm rooms with bunk beds, which sleep up to 12 people. There are four showers, ten toilets, commercial kitchen, TV, DVD, WiFi, washer, and dryer. Money will be provided for food. You will be responsible for buying and preparing your own food.
- The missionaries will be given the use of two seven passenger Toyota Siennas. We will pay for gas on all ministry related driving. You are responsible for putting gas in the vehicles when you use the vehicles for your own personal use.
- TART, our local public bus, runs every half hour.
- Another option is to get to know some of our church people or Big A and A+ parents and go on outings and hikes with them. They have cars!
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you feel God leading you to find out more about this position please contact Debbie in one of the following ways.
P.O. Box 7433
Tahoe City, CA 96145
530.583.2925 (Pacific Standard Time)